BakerHostetler actively recruits candidates with diverse backgrounds and perspectives to foster an inclusive workplace. As part of this long-standing commitment to diversity and attracting top candidates with diverse backgrounds, the firm established the BakerHostetler Diversity Fellowship Program. Click here for a program brochure (PDF).
Open to any second-year law student, successful applicants to the program will receive up to a $25,000 award as well as a position in the BakerHostetler summer associate program. The amount of $10,000 will be paid within the first 30 days of starting in a summer associate position with the firm and the remaining $15,000 is contingent upon receiving and accepting a full-time offer with the firm, to be paid within 30 days of joining the firm as a full-time associate.
This is a merit based fellowship. Fellowship applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Enrolled full-time in an ABA-accredited law school and in good standing as a second-year law student at the time of application
- A member of one of the under-represented racial/ethnic groups set forth by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission or a member of the LGBT community
- Not a recipient of a similar diversity award from another law firm for the same time period
- Applicants must spend at least eight weeks with the firm (the Houston office will permit applicants to work six weeks with the firm). Splitting time between two offices may be permitted based upon approval of the two offices' Hiring Partners
- A U.S. citizen or otherwise authorized to work in the United States
In order to be considered for the BakerHostetler Diversity Fellowship, candidates must provide the following documents:
Applications will not be considered complete until all materials: application, resume, transcripts, personal statement and names of references, are received by BakerHostetler. A legal writing sample and letters of recommendation are optional but appreciated.
The Diversity Fellowship Program recognizes law school students that have demonstrated superior academic performance during college and law school, significant personal achievements and strong community involvement. Law school students will need to possess strong oral and written communication skills, demonstrated leadership achievements, and a sincere interest and commitment to join BakerHostetler.
A selection panel consisting of the firm's Chairman, Chair of the Diversity Committee and Members of the Diversity Committee will evaluate and select all Diversity Fellows.
Applications will be accepted from August 1, 2014, until October 3, 2014. Fellowship recipients will be notified on or before November 7, 2014.
For More Information
Please contact Dee Driscole, Attorney Recruitment and Development Manager (email@example.com) to learn more about this opportunity or see the Diversity Fellowship FAQs.
Please submit your completed application package to:
Attn: Dee Driscole
1900 East 9th Street, Suite 3200
Cleveland, Ohio 44114
Or via e-mail to