In tribute to Paul D. White, the firm’s first minority partner and a pioneer for minorities in the legal profession, a scholarship was created to provide minority law students with valuable experience early in their careers.
The Paul D. White Scholarship is awarded annually to law students of Black or African American, Hispanic or Latino, Native Hawaiian or Pacific Islander, Asian, American Indian, or Alaska Native descent. The scholarship includes a paid summer clerkship and a $7,500 cash award.
Paul White was respected not only for his professional abilities and accomplishments, but for his integrity and the leadership role he assumed in the Cleveland, Ohio, community. His many accomplishments include:
- First African-American judge elected in Cleveland
- Director of Law, City of Cleveland
- Trustee, Cleveland Bar Association and Legal Aid Society
- Permanent Delegate to The Judicial Conference of the Eighth District of Ohio
- Member, Ohio, American, National and Norman S. Minor Bar Associations
- Cleveland Branch, NAACP, Distinguished Service Award
Applications: BakerHostetler’s Cincinnati and Orlando offices will be offering 2015 Paul D. White Scholarships for summer associate positions. Applications will be accepted beginning December 1, 2014.
2015 Paul D. White Scholarship Application