BakerHostetler’s White Collar Defense and Corporate Investigations Team is among the nation’s leaders in all aspects of corporate criminal defense and enforcement-related litigation. Our team includes some of the country’s most experienced and seasoned lawyers who are dedicated to protecting businesses and individuals by preventing violations before they occur. We see beyond the horizon to help clients minimize the legal, economic and reputational risks that corporate investigations and enforcement actions pose by working to quickly identify, contain and correct potential misconduct.
Our more than two dozen team members have served as legal advisors to Fortune 50 companies and major hedge funds, as well as former advocates for the government. This deep bench of talent allows us to better advise our clients on corporate criminal laws and legal regulatory standards.
Our clients are our top priority. We:
- Proactively address concerns raised by prosecutors and regulators and routinely succeed in persuading the government not to proceed with costly and reputationally damaging criminal charges.
- Assist clients with all aspects of internal investigations, including government inquiries and negotiations with the government.
- Regularly represent clients in grand jury investigations and defend businesses and individuals in white collar criminal investigations and prosecutions around the globe, in parallel civil enforcement proceedings and in related third-party proceedings.
- Defend and counsel clients in high-stakes litigation involving Foreign Corrupt Practices Act investigations, corporate governance issues, whistleblowing procedures, securities fraud, money laundering/asset forfeiture, criminal antitrust enforcement, public corruption, insider trading, hedge fund fraud and healthcare fraud.
- Structure compliance programs and guide our clients safely through extremely sensitive matters.
- Defend corporations, their officers, directors and employees charged with violations by the U.S. Attorney’s Office, Department of Justice, SEC and/or FINRA.