The oil and gas industry in the United States is thriving and shale formations across the country, accessible using hydraulic fracturing techniques, have been driving the boom. While hydraulic fracturing has and will continue to receive scrutiny, the direct and indirect benefits to the U.S. economy will enable the deployment to increase rapidly in the coming years.
BakerHostetler’s 80-attorney Energy and Shale practice team is comprised of lawyers across the U.S. who are leaders in their respective fields in representing oil and gas clients. We have:
- A unique understanding of the industry’s rapidly evolving regulatory, legal, and political climate. We litigate cases that are shaping this game-changing field, and we stay abreast of current trends, developments, and changes in regulations, among other things. Through our blog (www.NorthAmericaShaleBlog.com), we offer timely information and advice related to new industry developments.
- Experience across all the proven shale plays. Our multidisciplinary, multistate team leverages the collective experience of our national energy, environmental, business, tax, government affairs, and litigation practices to help clients fully capitalize on the development of oil and gas resources across North America.
- Dedicated transactions team with oil and gas experience. We have dedicated lawyers who focus on the acquisition and divesture of shale-related properties and leases with expertise on critical due diligence matters and unique legal issues in emerging shale plays.
- Unmatched ability to represent clients at all points in the energy life cycle, from the initial communications with landowners and community and public interest groups, to acquisitions and exploration drilling, and into the production, processing, and divestitures of assets.
- Fluency in the broader energy industry. We serve energy companies domestically and around the world, representing industry leaders in some of their largest local and international transactions. With energy lawyers in 11 offices across the United States, we speak the language and understand the business. Many of our lawyers have technical degrees and have worked in-house with major energy players.
- Tested and proven experience on siting energy infrastructure. We have represented clients on legal issues related to the siting of a variety of energy infrastructure projects, including natural gas, natural gas liquids and oil pipelines, processing facilities, power plants, and transmission lines.