“[A] client remarks that ‘the team is a well-run and cohesive unit.'”
— Chambers USA 2021
Our team has a national presence, a collaborative approach and an emphasis on delivering efficient, cost-effective service to our clients.
- Representing Northside Hospital, Inc., in all of its real estate matters, including management of its leasing portfolio.
- Representing a regional hospital system owning multiple hospital campuses, medical office complexes, surgery centers, imaging facilities and infusion centers, in the management, operation and leasing of all facilities and assets.
- Representing a provider of business services to dental group practices in all of its lease negotiations on a nationwide basis.
Office and warehouse
- Represented Trammell Crow Company in its acquisition of an office tower in Anaheim, Calif., including negotiating a lease for a 134,000-square-foot lessor.
- Represented an energy and energy-related services provider with its national office, commercial, warehouse and industrial leasing needs.
- Advised a world leader in industrial packaging products and services with its U.S. leasing matters relating to its warehouse and distribution facilities.
Retail and mixed-use
- Representing a national pet store retailer in its leasing work around the country. Currently assisting with multiple leases for space in shopping centers in Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania. Our work includes protecting its exclusive use, prohibiting adjacent and proximate uses that could be disruptive to its operations, and protecting access to the store and common areas.
- Represented Highland Fairview Properties in the aggregation and acquisition of more than 2,000 acres of land in Moreno Valley, Calif., which is being entitled and developed for multifamily residential, industrial, commercial and mixed uses. The project has spanned more than 10 years and has included the leasing of an approximately 1.8 million-square-foot distribution center to Skechers USA, which at the time was reportedly the largest single-tenant lease transaction in the country.
- Representing The Orvis Company, Inc., in all of its real estate matters, including the leasing of its retail stores, office, warehouse and distribution facilities across the United States.
- Representing a national retail chain selling value-priced merchandise in all of its retail leasing matters in California, as well as several other states.
- Represented a national discount retailer as outside general counsel for real estate matters, including leasing 35 new retail locations consisting of more than 1.5 million square feet of space.
- Representing a leading integrated energy company in nationwide real estate legal matters including new leases, renewal leases, relocation leases, subleases, amendments, estoppel certificates and subordination/nondisturbance agreements. The types of properties include offices, industrial offices/warehouses, residential leases and unimproved land sites.
Hospitality and restaurants
- Advising a major hospitality brand in connection with acquisition, disposition, leasing, landlord/tenant disputes and other real estate issues for its restaurants, cafes, hotels and retail stores nationally and internationally.
- Representing a quick-service restaurant company and its affiliates in the acquisition, leasing and site development for new restaurants, and assisting in property and lease matters for existing locations throughout the United States.
- Represented Del Frisco’s Restaurant Group in leasing several properties throughout California for its Del Frisco’s Grille concept restaurants.
- Represented Spain’s largest hotel chain in connection with a long-term lease for the construction and operation of its first hotel in New York City.
Manufacturing and industrial
- Represented Big River Steel, LLC, in all real estate matters connected with the development of a $1.5 billion steel mill constructed on approximately 2,000 acres along the Mississippi River near Osceola, Ark. The representation included site acquisition from multiple landowners, including all real estate due diligence; establishing access to and from the site for rail and river barge transportation; protecting cultural resources (i.e., Native American historical sites); securing permits for wetland and stream channel impacts; all real estate aspects of project financing and tax incentives; and advice regarding leasing and development of outparcels.
- Represented the sponsor group and an industrial startup company, Mississippi Silicon, LLC, in the development, construction and operation of a $200 million silicon metal production facility. We handled all of the real estate aspects of the deal, including negotiation of the project site lease and subleases.
Current State of U.S. Export Controls in Response to the Russian Federation’s Invasion of Ukraine – February 2024
02/22/2024|18 minute read
Current State of U.S. Economic Sanctions Imposed in Response to Russia’s Invasion of Ukraine – February 22, 2024
02/22/2024|29 minute read