Digital transformation is the use of digital technology by businesses to solve business problems, increase efficiency, boost productivity or develop new products and services.
- Counseled a U.S.-based public company with global operations in 100 countries in the design and launch of a new e-commerce business division.
- Advised a German-based multinational company in developing a consumer-facing mobile application that collects and sells data analytics.
- Conducted data mapping and advised a Japan-based multinational company on the collection, use and transfer of biometric data for law enforcement and commercial purposes.
- Advised an American multinational e-commerce corporation on CCPA issues.
- Advised an American online payments company on CCPA issues.
- Counseled a large healthcare plan and provider company on data ownership and IP protection strategies.
- Counseled a large pharmaceutical and consumer health corporation in software user experience ownership and infringement issues.
- Negotiated a complex three-way data analysis agreement between a healthcare cost management consortium, healthcare plan providers and IBM regarding use of Watson in optimizing healthcare costs.
- Conducted an audit of a client’s business practices to identify IP in a technology firm enabling population health management, and designed best practices for IP development and management.
- Counseled a global multibrand restaurant company in structuring its next generation telecommunications strategy, including issues around data ownership, data privacy and use of multibrand pricing methodologies as a funding mechanism for future growth.
- Counseled a casualty and property insurance company in development and ownership strategies for a software platform used for monitoring adverse site conditions for construction and property owner insureds.
- Advised a Fortune 500 general building materials company in development and execution of digital and internet strategy for provisioning software and cloud-based solutions for the auto-collision repair industry.
- Counseled a manufacturing machinery producer on issues associated with the potential acquisition and deployment of a software company as a stand-alone new service line.
- Advised a leading national professional services firm on IP ownership and confidentiality issues associated with potential commercialization of homegrown client service offerings as cloud-based client service solutions.
- Counseled a publicly traded water utility company in its development of enterprise software, data analysis and machine learning technologies for operational and water-quality enhancements, including implementation of IP capture, enforcement, and licensing practices and protocols.